On this age and day, why do we need to struggle hard to earn and save? Is it for a better life in future? Is it to build up your golden egg nest? What is A BETTER LIFE exactly? Retirement with grace can be one of them and this is how. Seriously, last 10 yrs of your life cost more than the first 10 yrs. Be prepared.
Some scary facts about retirement:
- More than 50% of persons do not have enough finances for retirement.
- 25% do not participate in their company’s retirement plan.
- The average person spends 20 years in retirement.
Here are some tips to help you plan correctly:
- Talk to a financial professional. Every few years, it’s a good idea to schedule a meeting with a financial planner to get a ‘check-up’. It’s just like a doctor’s visit, and you should really talk about your present situation and future goals.
- Save, save, and keep on saving. Make it a habit to save as much as you can.
- Learn your retirement needs. Retirement can be expensive. Learn from today how much you need to save for your retirement. Talk to a financial planner, or find an online retirement calculator.
- Take part in your employer’s retirement plans. If your company offers one, it is usually the best tool you can use. Talk to a financial professional for all your options.
- Keep your retirement savings off-limits. Don’t make a withdrawal until you retire, you might incur penalties and it will be a setback for realizing your goals.
- Get your employer to start a plan. If your present job doesn’t offer a retirement plan, ask for one to be started. Many times it isn’t a cost to your employer to start one, and it can help you tremendously.
- Learn about your government’s retirement plans. Every country has different plans some with special tax incentives, so learn what your country offers and plan accordingly.
- Do your own research. Use the Internet, read the newspapers and magazines, talk to your friends, to find out as much as you can about retirement.